Monday, October 21, 2019

a man out of my minds




hammer on my head hard,
twice, thrice, and many times.
break open my hardened skull
and kick out these children of Satan living in its recesses.

fill it with fresh sodden soil and seeds of grains,
let my head become a field of grass or grain,
i don’t want to be a man out of my minds. 

head reels and reels the earth,
to go east the legs walk west.
and leaving the well-travelled road,
they move towards the un-trodden path.
let me cut with my scythe the green cacti hedge, I feel.
or let me slap in return the Hindu bawa
who dares greet me with ‘jai Sita Ram, bachcha’.
day changes and my disposition changes.
somebody, please take away this life’s load from my head.
saw my head and take out these mind-eating worms.

seat me on the donkey with my face toward his tail,
and drive me in the entire town.
but save me from this life,
my turn in this world has come to a fully futile naught!

(in memoriam to my village friend Mohan, a hyper-sensitive dalit who died young and restless)

No comments:

Post a Comment