Monday, October 21, 2019

mess




when you call me dher
I am hurt
and wish to kick you in the belly

when you call me an untouchable
I am offended
and with to slap you on the face

when you call me harijan
I am humiliated
and wish to spit upon your back

when you call me a member of scheduled caste
I am insulted
and wish to monkey at you

when you call me rustic
I think I am barbarous
and wish to hawl phoren damn-bloody-backward

when you call me brown
I suppose you call me black
and wish to scratch the skin and show I am red

when you call me white
I imagine my mother slept with a sawarna
and wish to be oedipus

when you call me brother-in-law
I think you called me father-in-law
and wish to tell you are none of my kin or kith

when you call me friend or brother
I think you are neither serious nor sincere
and wish to thrust deadliest foe

when you call me man
I think you are sarcastic and called me female or animal
and wish to thrust my person into your mouth

when you call me neerav patel
I suspect you called me convert
(a crow that dyed his feathers white to be called  swan)
and wish to turn away my face

when you don’t call me anything
I am annoyed that you neglected me altogether
and wish to call you back to call me

when you ask : what to do
I am blank and tell : what to do
and wish to be interred like sita

yes, it’s all mess since beginning
like the tale of the seven-tailed mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment