Monday, October 21, 2019

homesickness



my homesickness begins by six
in the evening!
the sun, in a hurry to meet the better-half of the earth,
beckons me back from the western horizon...
with a grain of rice in his beak
the wayward sparrow at last returns to his queen
nestling the chirping chicks...
and my longing for my home begins
as i bed bon voyage to each bus i miss !
the gloomy halogen lights on the road outside
becomes gloomier,
and i rush for downward lift in the Capital complex
where my bureaucrat friend lingers
in LAQ files on oustees.
waiting in the visitors' lounge
i get restless, tormenting my heart,
cursing the bread and butter
i had left my little hamlet for...
Kevadiya or Calcutta
i belong to where i happen to be,
happy with the kids
and happy with my mate.
like the Adiwasi couple  

uprooted from the Narmada valley
embracing their little-clad lims
and dreaming of the hillocks and streams
in the chilly nights
of an unknown city-pavement.
my homesickness begins by six
in the evening
as i hear the shepherdess whistling her flock home.

No comments:

Post a Comment