Monday, October 21, 2019

the hormones




i am the son of my father -
why the blood of a panther howls into my veins ?
i am the son of my mother -
i was hurled out of my mother’s womb
into the pool of blood when somebody kicked her dead.

people say,
that orphan lump of flesh was brought up
in the ashram of rishi Ambedkar
believing it to be a spark of fire.

there also goes a hush hush story in the dalit basti :
the hormones of Martin Luther King’s angelic soul
were injected into my blood
as an  experiment of struggle.
that’s that and that’s all.

but i am the son of my grand father -
why i play with a live bomb in the shuttle of our pit-loom
oh, what if my hut may catch fire ?
or some neighbor may get burnt ?

o from where did I inherit this wild blood ?

my father was a poor servant in the cemetery.
he buried many a corpse.
i am the son of my father
and will i have to bury them alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment