Monday, October 21, 2019

anguish



with the burning of crops,
burn our hollowed bellies.
with kerosene waters of our well
burn our dried-up throats.
with the broken huts,
you broke our only shelter,
(We had built it straw by straw
as a tailor-bird builds its nest!)
tell, where could we live
leaving our land behind?
is there any dalitastan like Pakistan?
what is our fault
and what is our folly?
is it our fault
that we scavenged your streets?
it is our folly that we shouldered your dead cattle?
it is our sin that we dressed your adams & eves?
it is our fault that we drudge for you from dawn to dust?
it is our blunder that we washed your bottoms?
and that is why you offered your deity
the live tongue of my bull-like brother?
you feasting vultures of my sister’s teenage flesh,
you grave-digger of my father’s scream
guarding your crop at night,
I swear
by the bleeding flow
of the cut-off little penis of pappu-
I will drown you into the fluid of my person.
you have ridiculed the laments
of my forefathers for centuries.
but you won’t laugh at my fiery anguish.
you trampled the face of my father-
but you won’t trample the thorns-
beware, you will be bruised.
take from me,
that my tolerance is reached to the brim
and the mercury of my fury is running amazingly.
before I pour a drop of acidic ink
on your skin, dumb for time immemorial;
beware and listen-
this is the ultimatum
written in terrorist ink by a dalit poet
-the kali incarnated

No comments:

Post a Comment