Monday, October 21, 2019

my lord




my lord Shamaliyo honoured my hundi  --
how would we get Gagli’s gavan,
the bridal sari otherwise
and give her grand send off ?

my vowto our clan-deity Chavanda bore fruit
and the young high caste garasani died.

they draped her corpse with a shroud of red gavan.
flames of her pyre are burning crimson red
and the red gavan is waving at the akdabush !
Gagli’s mother is smiling bitchy black!

let thecorpse-bearers and mourners turn their back
and i shall run to the funeral ghat.

my lord honoured my hundi.
the lord of us untouchable hounoured
the piece of pledge-paper we illiterate never wrote.

( hundi : as the legend goes, penniless Nagar Brahmin saint-poet Narsinh Mehta was granted favour by Lord Krishna, honouringhis hundi - a cheque)   

No comments:

Post a Comment